Olympic View is open for play!
Read about our COVID-19 Updates & Information
Olympic View Golf Club is open for golf, with an updated set of guidelines and protocols.
**Online Bookings now available; 10-day advance booking applies.***
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
Golfer Protocols (Members, Guests, Public)
It is imperative that ALL GOLFERS abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Any players without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently permitted to play golf if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Change shoes in the parking lot and respect the closed areas of the Clubhouse, as locker rooms will be closed at this time.
- All players will be required to handle their own clubs from arrival to departure.
- Power carts will be limited to one rider per cart unless you are residing in the same household (proof of same address required).
- Pull carts will not be available. Please bring your own pull carts.
- Meet on the first tee observing distancing guidelines with modified greetings, nods and waves [No handshakes or high fives etc.]
- Please carry your own bags as bag drop services will not be available
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility
- Handle your scorecard only.
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Leave the flag in place while putting as holes have been raised to allow for easy retrieval of balls. Encourage 2 foot gimmes.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- No handshakes on 18th green and do not hand over money!
- Once the round is finished, please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
- Insist on physical distancing using the minimum 2 meter rule on tees, greens and while walking down the fairways and throughout the round. Maintain physical distancing at ALL times while at our property.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online through or through the BC Support App Self assessment tool.
- Any players from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19 should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- Any person who is self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating, should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- Any player who has traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days should self isolate and not leave their home.
Olympic View Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus.
To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- The Clubhouse will be closed at this time. Check in will be through the Refreshment Center window. Please allow for physical distancing at check in.
- The Practice Facility and Putting Greens are now OPEN for limited access - follow all posted signage.
- Tee Times will be expanded to provide distance between groups.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Removing self-service food and beverage stations.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding members and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
- Enforce Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters apart at all times.
Booking Procedures & Services
- Bookings will be online or by phone only at 250-474-3673, 10 days in advance with a captain for the group making the reservation for all players. (See below for "Group Captain" responsibilities)
- Member Bookings: visit the "Members-Only" website for Member booking protocols, or check for our email communications.
- No walk-ons are permitted. If you do not have a tee time, please DO NOT come to the golf course.
- Food & Beverage is limited, with the restaurant being closed. We will be offering on-course Food & Beverage service with beverages and snacks.
- Reminder, no outside alcohol is permitted on the property, including the parking lot, as per government regulations! Individuals failing to abide by this policy will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- Power carts will be available for rental, one rider at a time. Not available: pull carts, rental clubs/shoes or demo clubs.
- Designated washrooms are available.
Practice Facility Hours of Operation and Protocols
Practice Only: 12pm to 7pm
Allowed one hour time frames and only one person per stall.
Warm-Up Only: 7am to 6pm
Arrive 30 minutes before your tee time. There will be four stalls designated for warm up only.
- Preferred - Purchase a FOB and use end of grip to select bucket size from dispenser. No touching required.
The “Group Captain”
This is the person making the tee time and is agreeing to take responsibility for the actions of their group. This person is responsible for:
- Everyone in the group is in good health before starting.
- Booking the tee time, ensuring all players' names are reserved, and making any changes to the booking.
- Checking in at the Refreshment Center.
- Ensure the group tees off at their reserved time. Not before or after.
- Ensuring that social distancing of 2 meters is adhered to at all times between each other and other groups.
- Ensuring that there is only one person using the Power Cart at ANY TIME including between holes. Failure to comply will result in immediately being asked to leave the Golf Course.
- If you are in a 9 hole tee time, ensuring that your group plays only 9 holes and leaves within a reasonable amount of time after completion of the round.
It is imperative that all golfers abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Back to Special Offers