Updated July 2, 2021
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
Following the June 30th accouncement from the provincial government that the province is entering Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan, some updates should be noted for our golf courses:
- Masks are not required but recommended if not fully vaccinated (14 days since receiving a second dose)
- No socializing between tables at our restaurants
- Maintain physical distance in designated areas (look for floor signs)
- Tables of 8 are the maximum (limited options available) in the restaurant
GolfBC courses are taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies that include:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
It is imperative that Members and Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to our facilities.
Please do not visit if you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Any players without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently permitted to play golf if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow all instructions at time of booking - verbally communicated, or via email confirmation. Our priority is to reduce contacts in and around the Clubhouse, and our staff will ensure every player receives the latest information regarding protocols while at the facility.
- All players will be required to handle their own clubs from arrival to departure.
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
Additional protocols may be in place at specific facilities; please visit the GolfBC golf course website ahead of your visit for any course-specific instructions, and follow all posted signage.
It is imperative that our Guests abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.